Now Accepting Submissions for Regional Awards for Spot/Breaking News and Investigative Reporting
NATAS is now accepting submissions in the following categories.
48. Outstanding Regional News Story: Spot or Breaking News
49. Outstanding Regional News Story: Investigative Report
In order to be eligible an entry must have received a regional Emmy® award in a NATAS chapter’s most recent award cycle in either the Spot/Breaking or Investigative News categories.
To submit go to www.newsdocemmys.tv
Honorees in the following regional Emmy categories are eligible to advance to the national Spot/Breaking or Investigative categories. English and Spanish versions of these categories are eligible.
-Breaking News: For excellence in coverage of a single unanticipated news event.
-Spot News: For excellence in coverage of a single, unanticipated news event that is shot, edited, produced and aired within 24 hours.
-Investigative Report: For excellence in reporting of a community problem requiring research and investigative journalism.
A. Single Story
Note: there is no entry fee for regional submissions.
Deadline for regional submissions is: June 3, 2019. Any regional Spot/Breaking or Investigative Emmy® honoree honored by a NATAS chapter after June 3, 2019 will be eligible to submit in the 2020 National News & Documentary Emmy® Awards cycle.
- Honorees in the Outstanding Regional News Story categories will receive a crystal pillar featuring the Golden Emmy® figure, rather than an Emmy® statue.
- Entrants must provide all information requested during the online submission process at www.newsdocemmys.tv.
- Submission Video: Upload submission video on the Media page of the online submission process. Remove all commercials from submission video. Submission video must contain the same footage as was submitted for regional Emmy® Award recognition.
- An essay of approximately 750 words explaining why the entry is Emmy®-worthy is required. Your description should include:
- A clear explanation of the editorial and production goals of the piece.
- Reportorial and creative techniques used to achieve these goals.
- Importance of the subject matter.
- Impact of the program, story or report.
- Credits associated with the submission must be identical to those submitted for regional consideration. No additional credits may be added.
For more information contact David Winn, Senior Vice President, News & Documentary Awards at 212-484-9424 / firstname.lastname@example.org; or Christine Chin, Director, News & Documentary Emmy Awards at 212-484-9452 / email@example.com.